Dales Archaeology Day 2019
Saturday 30 March 2019 – Richard Whiteley Theatre, Giggleswick School - 10am to 4:00pm
The Yorkshire Dales National Park has some of the most iconic and best preserved historic landscapes in the country.
Come along to our 2019 day school to discover and discuss the results of recent archaeological and historical research.
The 2019 day school will be based at the Richard Whiteley Theatre at Giggleswick School, (BD24 0DE). As with previous day schools, there will be book stalls, poster displays and refreshments. The days talks will all reference themes or materials from around the Dales. Titles include:
- At the Cutting Edge: new work on the archaeology of the Giggleswick Scar Caves - Tom Lord O.G.
- What does the YDNPA Historic Environment team do? - Miles Johnson
- A brief introduction to archaeological pottery - Eniko Hudak
- Southerscales, Chapel-le-Dale: Romano-British, monastic, or neither? - David Johnson
- Floshes Hill — recent archaeological survey work - Douglas Mitcham
- The specification of mortars: rediscovering hot limes - James Innerdale
What about adding one of these?..