Guide To The Land Mammals Of Britain - FSC
The FSC Land mammals guide features the major wild and naturalised land mammals of Britain and Ireland.
- Rodents, including rats, mice, squirrels and voles.
- Insectivores, including hedgehogs, moles and shrews.
- Carnivores, including foxes, badgers, otters, pine martens, stoats, weasels and polecats.
- Lagomorphs, including rabbits, brown hares and mountain hares.
- Deer, including red deer, fallow deer, roe deer and muntjac.
Confirmatory text accompanies the colour paintings. For each species of land mammals, this covers body size, body colour and shape, habitat and distribution in Britain and Ireland.
Other mammals covered in separate FSC guides include Bats, Sea mammals and Introduced mammals.
Herds of feral goats live in Scotland, north Wales, the Cheviots and North Devon. These stocky hardy goats are descended from the goats of Celtic and Roman farmers. A mix of escapees and deliberate releases from wild boar farms have resulted in breeding populations of wild boar in several areas such as the Forest of Dean. Trial reintroduction programmes for beavers are running in Scotland and a few other locations.
What about adding one of these?..